Fuel EX 7 29 Specifications
Fuel EX 7 shines when you're charging down tricky descents, where the dropper post upgrade and 130mm of front and rear suspension travel come in handy. A lightweight aluminum frame, Tubeless Ready 29er wheels, and a reliable 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain make this an awesome all-around full suspension mountain bike.
It's right for you if...
You want one high-performance bike that excels on every trail, and you want it at a great value. You expect your bike handle a variety of challenges, including rocky descents, long climbs, fast corners, and gaps.
The tech you get
A capable and stiff Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, 130mm RockShox Reba RL fork and 130mm of rear travel, and a SRAM NX 1x12 Eagle drivetrain with a wide range of gearing for climbs. Plus, Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for fast engagement and a Bontrager dropper post.
The final word
Fuel EX 7 is a great all-around trail bike for a wide variety of terrain. It has upgrades where it matters most, like in the SRAM 1x12 drivetrain, suspension, and dropper post.
Why you'll love it
- It's great for riders who don't want to do just one kind of mountain biking, but want to do explore everything from XC marathons to epic descents
- The dropper post upgrade makes this Fuel EX model even more capable
- The NX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain gives you an extra-low climbing gear for tackling steep terrain
- Wide Line Comp 30 wheels provide more tire support so you get better traction and control
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130mm travel
- RockShox Reba RL, Solo Air, Motion Control RL damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 130mm travel
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, 3-position DPS damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM NX Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada
- Dropper post, Bontrager lever, 31.6mm, internal routing
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano MT400 hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 14.29 kg / 31.5 lbs (with tubes)
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).